My views, observations, questions about everything in this world ....and that country they call Egypt.

30 August 2007

I Haven't Seen Those Eyes Before

One cold night, not too long ago it was just me and her and the rustle of the wind. My recollection of this is somewhat surreal but I'll describe it as best I can. I remember it being an especially dark night though that may not reflect the mood of the story. The sea and the sky were black, and I don't remember seeing the moon that night, but that could've been just me. The sky did show the stars though; I remember looking up and stealing brief moments of consciousness wondering if it was all real or not.

We were not alone, unlike what you might have guessed. There were quite a few bonfires with 10 to 20 people gathered around each one to keep warm. Their fire was a process that involved wood and oxygen but ours was entirely different. They were all faceless too. They had no features, no names, no personality, even as they laughed or sang. You could not shake hands with one of them, like a useless extra in one of your dreams. They had no consequence.... they didn't matter.

To me, that beach is just as anonymous as the people that were there. I think of it as a secret place that you cannot find your way to again if you wanted to. The kind of place that exists only once, just enough for you to make that special memory. I know I can never find this place again. Maybe my brain has resorted to making it a dreamlike memory because it was too good to be a real one. Or maybe my euphoria at the time altered my sense of perception...

We laid on the beach in each other's arms and the wind was blowing hard, but it didn't matter. The faceless crowds too were making noises but it didn't matter either, to us they did not exist. It is hard to find the right adjective for how we kissed. If I said passionately it would be a huge understatement. Our embrace created it's own world. We were so taken over by this embrace that anyone could have came by and stole the blanket under us and we wouldn't notice. I kissed her with all my body and I held her tight. I wanted to be as close as I could possibly be to her. As I savoured her lips and felt the warmth of her body, I knew that there is one way that I would be closer to her. And I knew that that's what I wanted. A few hours went by of us living in our own world that was just created, feverishly trying to become one, oblivious to our surroundings. We got up and packed our things. I remember looking around at the dark sea, the sky, and the colorless sand with my arm around her and realizing that I am not the same man anymore!

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrasteia said...

i hate that you give me hope in men.

1:50 AM

 
Blogger the lonely twin said...

i want a kiss like that hehe
I love the way you described the whole scene

11:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a very good writer! It all sounds dreamy and surreal.

9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home