My views, observations, questions about everything in this world ....and that country they call Egypt.

02 November 2006

I Used To Think

In my last post, Paint It Black, I expressed my doubts that sexual harassment reached the EXTENT that the anonymous commenter Girl described. I just have not seen a lot of the things that she described in person. Since then however, I have read a LOT of posts and comments from Egyptian females describing very similar, disturbing, experiences in Egypt. Not a single girl came out to say that it was not a prevalent day-to-day occurrence. Based on this, I apologize for casting such doubts. The sexual harassment problem is as real as it is troubling.

1 Comments:

Blogger BHCh said...

However it does not mean that all males in Egypt are party to this. Even if say 10% of all males are sick criminals, they can still spoil the life of every single woman in the country.

What puzzles me is that the 10% of sick males are not confronted by the rest of the country. I mean if something like this were to happen here you wouldn't need a blogging campaign. Police and official mass media would have handled it. The whole country would have been on it's ears.

6:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home