My views, observations, questions about everything in this world ....and that country they call Egypt.

13 October 2006

Said The Joker To The Thief


"There must be some kind of way out of here,"

Said the joker to the thief.

thief:
You and I have always known.

joker:
But why did we never go?

thief:
Must be a reason, I wouldn't grieve.

joker:
Are you always this naive?

thief:
You know me better than I myself.

joker:
Can't help but doubt that.

thief:
Put your doubts aside,
Sit down, and enjoy the silence.

joker:
What the hell am I doin' here?
I don't belong here.

thief:
Is it so? Then you better leave.
But where you go, I will be.

joker:
There's too much confusion,
I can't get nooooooo relief.

"No reason to get excited,"
The thief he kindly spoke.

joker:
So many years've gone by,
Oh men start, dig my earth,
None of them along the line,
Know what any of it's worth.

"No reason to get excited,"
The thief he kindly spoke.

joker:
Excitment is faaar from what I feel,
can't you tell my dear thief?

thief:
Just cherish this, the air you breath,
can't we just live and be?

joker:
There are many among us,
Who feel that life is but a joke.

thief:
Ha-ha ha-ha.

joker:
But you and I, we've been through all that,
And this is not our fate.
So let us not talk falsly now,
The hour is getting late.



The image is from this site and the story is based on All Along The Watchtower.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lexcen said...

I love Bob Dylan's lyrics. I can't say the same for his voice.

10:18 AM

 
Blogger Wael Eskandar said...

Never understood that song, but the Hendrix rendition is fantastic.

1:12 PM

 
Blogger Elsede3' said...

well, i like that
away from the song -and bob dylan's voice ofcourse- u did a great job there


*btw: "I don't belong here" that phrase rings a bell, donit???
squeezing my brains, but still cant remember...

4:07 AM

 
Blogger Elsede3' said...

eftakart, kont hatganen
it was in a radiohead song, creep :)

5:30 AM

 
Blogger Cleopatrina said...

i luvvvv the dave mathews version
it drives me nuts

3:37 AM

 
Blogger Tiny said...

I seem to hear this dialogue day in day out, inside my own head.
You think you'll ever get to the end of it; You think it'll ever get you somewhere. Neither happens!

Cheers, mate!

P.S. Thank you for the Occam's Razor concept, it was very enlightening.

10:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like more voices talking in our heads, probably does come from the radio. Trouble is, with all these vague references it could be anthing or nothing at all. just a waste of time or an important message of some sort. Too bad Bob, You're just wastin' my precious time, and I usually don't think twice about it, you made your millions. Now stand in line, The bread line of millionaires, waiting for a hand out and a bit of free advice. They know their money's no good there, and they're just like everyone else who don't know the time of day when eternity's calling.

You probably don't recognise the band, they didn't last long telling off big name hot heads. Too bad. theh had a good sound, and good songs.

Edo River rising

11:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home