My views, observations, questions about everything in this world ....and that country they call Egypt.

21 April 2007

Steer Away From These Rocks

I was tagged by shlemazl, a fellow blogger, to write 5 things about myself that the reader might not know. I am gonna change the rules around a bit. I’m gonna instead tell you about a few points in my life that I feel were crucial. These are moments that changed me; moments that significantly changed the way I think and feel about current events. I'd be a very different person if any of them was to be omitted. Some of these are very recent; the oldest is about 8 years ago. Of course they won’t be 5, I’ll tell you as many as necessary. I tag whoever wants to be tagged.

- The time I laid down on the ground in a Roman street, drunk, unable to move a limb, and the events that preceded and ensued.
- The day I accidentally learned about a shocking (mmm... for a lack of a better word) truth in someone’s life followed by the realization that this is one of those secrets you keep to yourself till the end.
- The day I decided to go buy a guitar.
- The time I finally met the Creator and the answers were revealed to me.
- The day I lost a best friend.
- The time I had undeniable proof that I had it right about a close someone. I was finally sure that what I thought of them was right.
- The time I pursued a stripper to find out exactly why she gave me a wrong number… and the events that ensued.
- The day I realized I was an atheist and not just someone with a lot of fundamental questions about their faith.
- The day I started this blog.
- The moment I realized I cared for someone in both, a platonic and non-platonic way, which is extremely rare for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger BHCh said...

- How closely are you related to the Sphinx?
- Which bit is rare for you: "platonic" or "non-platonic"?
- Thanks!

6:26 AM

 
Blogger MechanicalCrowds said...

shlemazl,

-I don't understand the Sphinx question.
-What is rare for me is having both for the same person. It is usually one or the other for me.
-Anytime man :)

6:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help but wonder about the events that ensued.
And a major salute to you for being able to blog about personal stuff, while still keeping it safely anonymous *thumbs up*

12:58 AM

 
Blogger BHCh said...

You don't understand the Sphinx question?

I mean you speak in puzzles. Everything is half-said, but the meaning is covered in fog...

2:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home