My views, observations, questions about everything in this world ....and that country they call Egypt.

03 March 2007

Putting On A Smile

Something I've noticed lately. All of my friends have had an experience that left them changed individuals afterwards. A romantic experience. A first love, a milestone relationship in their lives that left its permenant mark in their lives. It's never more than one experience. Its always just one, and always the first one. They've all had to put on a smile when there's a storm inside!

Volks had his epic 5 year relationship with Ann. Tau had his short and first relationship that taught him a lot and shaked his morals for good. Fek broke up with his Dody (whom I work with) over a year ago yet he is still devastated to this day as if they broke up yesterday. Dib told me about his very own with a girl that he still loves... he carries his regrets to this day.

Is it a rule or what? To have your first failed relationship that changes you?

Disclaimer: This just an objective observation and has nothing to do with anything that I might or might not be going through. It does not indicate I have had an experience that falls in this category. Believe me. The observation crystalized in my head as my childhood friend Dib told me of his experience.

4 Comments:

Blogger BHCh said...

There is only one rule in the love game: there are no rules. Whatever one's experience it's better to love and have something to regret than to be a cold fish.

9:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to be sappy but what you wrote about sounds exactly like the lyrics to a really good song. Here are a couple of lines from it.

"My skin is like a map
Of where my heart has been
And I cant hide the marks
Its not a negative thing
So I let down my guard
Drop my defences down by my clothes
I'm learning to fall
With no safety net to cushion the blow

Anyone who can touch you
Can hurt you or heal you
Anyone who can reach you
Can love you or leave you"

Any relationship changes you, failed or not. But maybe the first time is always the one that changes you the most because you're usually not living in the real world yet. You think you'll spend the rest of your life with that person until reality hits. Then the next time around you know what to expect.

9:55 AM

 
Blogger Wael Eskandar said...

Something with quotes these days, people are affected cause they're young, I'm reminded of what I think people should do, in the poem by Rudyard Kipling.

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;"

If you can do that, then you'll gain yourself, and not let a relationship mark you that way.

6:45 PM

 
Blogger MechanicalCrowds said...

I don't want to lose that innocence!!

7:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home