Spend A Minute In My Shoes
Ah... I haven't touched my blog in ages. I haven't read any blogs either, with one exception. How have you all been? I was very busy finishing up work and getting my things together. And I still am. Since my last post I feel like a lot has transpired. Here is some of what I recall, in no particular order.
1. I quit my job. Now that it's gone, I realize that it wasn't so bad. I realized that I've known a LOT of people at this job because I had to say goodbye to maybe 50 people, no exaggeration. It's not that I'm that social, the company was just huge. I've made 2 friends from work, but we'll see if it lasts.
2. A cougar gave me her number. She's a nice woman and has one of the weirdest stories I've heard. I'm just not in the mood of turning my life upside down more than this. I'm gonna pass on that one.
3. I had a revelation: Music is a big part of my life. I noticed that spend a lot of time listening to music and reading about it. I noticed that I was late a few times because I couldn't get my self to stop listening to music!! Right now I'm listening to the song Gong by Sigur Ros which is just pure genius. It totally captures my mood. Download the mp3 here [Sigur Ros - Gong]. Tell me what you think after you give it a couple of listens.
4. I was supposed to have a nice friendly talk with a girl that I've recently met but ended up out with a friend of hers at an event that they wanted to check out. It was a little awkward because of the nature of the place. I was reminded of how shy I can be sometimes when I meet new people.
5. I got together with two friends and tried to record something before I leave. By 'record' I mean sit in front of a laptop and record music over a mic so don't get other impressions. It was a total failure. We came to the conclusion that none of us can sing. Actually I think they're pretty decent. I'm not sure why all our recordings suck. Maybe it's practice.
6. I spent a lot of time putting some Arabic music together for my cousin's wedding after she asked me to. Finding soft instrumental Arabic music for dinner time was a nightmare. The dance music was no easier. I first put a list together then started refining it. Then I scratched it all and changed my mind on half the songs. Do the song lyrics have to match to mood?? i.e. Can I play a song that says “I don't want to see your face again...” even if it has a good beat?? I think not.
I am very excited... starting from scratch is always refreshing. I will try to post again before November 22nd.