My views, observations, questions about everything in this world ....and that country they call Egypt.

07 August 2006

From Your Lips All The Heavens Pour Out

Ever met a person that you instantly fell in love with, opposite-sex or not? I am not talking about looks or anything sexual. I am talking about the way they speak and act. The way they are always SINCERE. They way they talk from their hearts with no facades. No hidden intentions. They don't say/act it if they don't mean it.

They are usually quite talkative, opening themselves up to everybody with a smile on their face. Easy-going and pleasant to be with. Like a cool fresh breeze when the air around you is hot & polluted. I just like to watch them and listen. I like to watch every expression on their face and listen to every word they say. I look at them, and marvel at how they manage to remain true to themselves in a world like this. They are like angels among us. Do you know what I'm talking about? Maybe you are of that type yourself (especially if your name starts with an L).

The other thing is when you meet them, they always seem to care about you. But what makes it a lot more flattering is knowing they are not pretending like everybody else. My reaction to that is usually "You must be an angel to care about a piece of **** like me."

I tried to count how many of them I came across in my life. I have met about 6 so far. 4 girls, 2 guys. One was a close friend and passed away. Two I still talk to every now and then.

Recently, I met 2 people which might be the same but I haven't gotten to know them yet. What are your stats? Know any?

21 Comments:

Blogger My Corner said...

u seem to be one of them dear!!
don't really know u closely.. may be new to ur blogsphere.. bs i can feel it..

10:19 AM

 
Blogger Maat said...

I'm one :D naaaaahhh....

yeah I love those, I think I know 4 like that. sometimes words aren't enough so I just feel like eating them alive after giving them a biiig hug, usually i just can't help smiling non-stop when they're talking. it breaks my heart to pieces to see someone like that crying or suffering in any way.

4:19 AM

 
Blogger Veeeva said...

nah..haven't met any yet
maybe its just coz i'm anti-social

5:53 AM

 
Blogger Forsoothsayer said...

yeah i know one...in canada...her name is julia.

8:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, there are people like that. But a friend once told me
"They are 5% of the world and they are usually only looking for the other 5% only. They dont want the 95% broken ones."

2:27 AM

 
Blogger MechanicalCrowds said...

Reham, no I'm not... and let's keep it at that.

Maat,

I get the exact same feelings too!!

Still breating,

Are you sure you're still breathing? lol

achangeofheart,

So we have no chance of finding someone like that?

2:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know are you that lucky to find someone like that and are we good enough for them?

3:15 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

i have a friend like that and though we are ALOT different from each other she bears me, loves me waiting for nothing in return, and i would never let her go, coz she's like the only reason that keeps me going in life

11:02 AM

 
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

i know where you're coming from..its so easy for me sometimes to fall in love with people (like u said..not in a sexual way)
just the way they talk or move or even look at you..its pretty amazing!

12:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ve known a few (4 to be exact).
One of them is on my daily contact list, the others we almost lost contact :-(

This reminds me of Julie Andrews...

4:58 PM

 
Blogger Clampett said...

Most people are like that if you have built a trusting/caring relationship with them where they KNOW they won't be judged/abused for opening up.

But yes, it is rare and refreshing to find a person who is always like that.

7:06 AM

 
Blogger FreudianSlip said...

Those people who ooze charisma and they don't even know it. I don't know anybody within my age group who possesses these qualities...we're all either depressed or just plain pricks.

8:43 AM

 
Blogger MechanicalCrowds said...

achangeofheart,

No... nor do I deserve it.

kafir,

I guess you are around very good people!

Freudian,

Wow... go check out kafir's group maybe :).

11:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there :)
how is it going , i just read that...sweet!!!!
i wanted to say hi to the blogger :)

3:57 PM

 
Blogger MechanicalCrowds said...

Anon, is that who I think it is ?!?

10:42 AM

 
Blogger La Gitana said...

I like the name of this entry, Dave Matthews right?

I can safely say that the people I know like that, I can count on one hand, which is probably a good thing. We don't want too many people like that around or they'd rule the world and we'd have nothing to complain about.

6:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MC, you are really blessed, you know that? Sadly, I haven't met any of these angels yet.....
Maybe there's something about YOU, that makes people act angelic in your presence?

11:50 PM

 
Blogger MechanicalCrowds said...

Sara,

I hope you meet one of them soon and feel their effect on you. And by the way, it's not me, I am just an observer!

7:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes:)

11:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes yes YES! :) ur so insightful... i love your blog!

4:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The universe is a strange place. I tried to count how many of these truly special people I knew this morning... and this afternoon, I came across your blog (via the Vola Vola Palumbella video posting). Take care!

10:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home