My views, observations, questions about everything in this world ....and that country they call Egypt.

27 July 2006

Like Spinning Plates

There is so much I want to respond to, including Pinky & Brain's well-written, well-intentioned article, and shlemazl's question on my blog about who won the 1973 war. But not now.

Alright, Raven has responded to my Where Is The Line? with his own Where Is The Rope? I will now respond to his response :).

Mech: Plus, Israel is known to care a lot about their soldiers/civilians and go to extremes for that.

Define extreme for me will ya? Would it be similar to bombing an embassy? Hmm... how about blowing up a country? Yeah that sounds about right, huh.
By 'extremes' I mean take an action that is greater than what most countries would take. Remember I said that, to me, going to war to rescue the soldiers is not justified. It is justified, however, if it going to spare the innocent lives that Hezbollah is going to kill.

Mech: I said they should stop pretending if they are not going to war for that reason. Which is probably true.

So basically you don't know why they're in it for. They're all just theories... same as mine I guess. Only I don't know why do I feel that mine stands a little bit taller than yours.
That's right Raven, I don't know for sure. They're all theories. Does anyone claim to know for certain?

Mech: If you are walking on the street and suddenly some gang starts attacking you, then this serial killer comes and saves your life. Does that mean that he is no longer a killer? The core of our disagrement is that I view Hezbollah as a terrorist group, as murderers, and of course you do not see it that way.

Naaah, I see them as men trying to prove a point, to be heard, to protect, to grow, to elevate into something meaningful, into the leader and into the missing spot on the UN table.
So are they killers and criminals or not?
You know, a lot of people are trying to prove a point and be heard, but that doesn't mean they can pick up AK47's and start killing others. The terrorists in Egypt are trying to prove a point as well, but I am sure you can do that without bombing hotels with tourists and locals.
That serial killer you're referring to has taken care of southern Lebanon for the past decade.
I said it before and I will say it again. If a serial killer comes and saves your life, it does not make him/her innocent all of a sudden. Hezbollah have killed and will kill again.
The people over there not only love them... they wouldn’t be alive without them (God willingly).
The Lebanese love Hezbollah? Probably not true for all the Lebanese... Any Lebanese people out there you can give us your opinion.
Harriri backed them (Hezbollah) up while he was alive, especially during his last days, before he was killed by people who didn't want Hizbullah to stay around any longer. The theory that the Syrians were the ones who ordered Harriri's assassination was only thrown in there to try and blur the other theory that the US wanted him out of the picture to cut a bit of Hizbullah's funding. Harriri didn't really bother Syria in his life and his death didn't benefit them in any way.
So the US killed Harriri????? I highly doubt it, but who knows. The US was busy with Iraq and Afghanistan so I don't think they wanted to get into other fronts in any shape or form. Any Lebanese-Syrian politics expers out there?
Ummm... not to mention that there's a theory in the Yugoslavian states, now countries unfortunately, that the US were the ones who encouraged Slovenia to break loose out of the Yugoslavian government after Tito's death. Did you know that Yugoslavia had no imports worth mentioning in their countries BOP? They were a self-structured and self-satisfied country. They were growing to be one of the most leading nations in the world... a threat to the balance of the world, from the US and pro-US point of view. Again, I must say... it's just a theory that goes around, a flame for a fire put out years ago.
I'm glad you know it's just a theory... at best.

Lebanon's been free to do anything since the year 2000. The government had six long years to create an officially instated army if it wanted to be rid of Hizbullah's military regime... my question is.. how come it didn't? The entire nation adhered to Hizbollah as their military councellor and provider of safety and security against harm. So if the government didn't want them there... why not attempt to work for a stronger army to push aside Hizbullah? I'm not talking about an army as strong as the US or Israel or whatever... I'm talking the basic definition of the word army here.
Cause Hezbollah is backed by Iran and because it is part of the Lebanese political system. Did you know that in 1982 Iran gave Hezbollah 1,500 Iranian Revolutionary Guards? They now have 14 seats in the Parliment out of 128. It becomes very sensitive then to get rid of Hezbollah's military side. However, I think the Lebanese could have done more without jeopardizing their system... my personal opinion only.

I gave Raven the link to this article, which of course he wasn't very happy with.

In case you didn't notice, this is a clear cut sign of how the American gov't wants to brainwash the American people into believing that bush and that bitch is right. That they shouldn't take Lebanese civilians into consideration as innocent, that they shouldn't feel sorry for them cos they might as well be terrorists. First they accuse a person, their imaginary fucking white bunny, then they accuse an entire nation. What the fuck is happening out there man?
Instead of labelling the article as 'brainwash' why don't you refute it logically?

Look, nobody is saying that Lebanese civilians deserve to die. Terrorists that kill, deserve to die. People who support terrorists deserve punishments of varying degrees, depending on the level of support they provided. Trust me, I feel very much for every civilian life lost. I think this part of the article explains it best:

The domestic law of crime, in virtually every nation, reflects this continuum of culpability. For example, in the infamous Fall River rape case (fictionalized in the film "The Accused"), there were several categories of morally and legally complicit individuals: those who actually raped the woman; those who held her down; those who blocked her escape route; those who cheered and encouraged the rapists; and those who could have called the police but did not. ~ALAN DERSHOWITZ
Ok, going back to Raven's quotes:

I just wish that if somebody bombs down my house that I won't be seen as a possible might-have-been terrorist in my funeral. I mean what do you think Mech? Define civilian for me if you may. Do you think my death would be a tragedy? Do you think yours will be? (اللهم احفظنا)
I don't think you're a possible might-have-been terrorist. It looks like you are using your brain and hopefully that will not lead you to beheading someone because they disagree with you, or because they were born in a different part of the world.
Yes, Raven, your death would be a tragedy. Unless you have committed a crime that deserves death as a penalty, it would be a tragedy. Mine, however, may not be such a tragedy. I've done enough bad things :).

Every being on earth, no matter what race they are, where they're from, what God they worship, knows what's right and what's wrong. It's common knowledge. Some people justify certain things for themselves but they'd still know they're not totally guilt-free. Clubbing, X, beer, and all that crap... we've gotten so blinded by the west with all its crap that we see the west as the path to being "accepted". We've managed to absorb the worst in their culture and leave behind what really matters. We should have learned to be smart.
I strongly disagree. I, for example, as a being on earth, am at times unsure about what is right and what is wrong. I am sure I am not alone in that.
Why are you calling clubbing, sex (if that's what you mean by 'X'), and beer crap? That's the good stuff... (and for the people that know me, don't read too much into this, it's just a joke).
Wow... I think I agree with something here... amazing... Yes, we have absorbed a lot of bad qualities from the west, and not so much of the good ones.

Mech: So you wanted us to spend 25 years building an army? Egypt is not that rich of a country... I mean look at the economy now, imagine that minus billions and billions that would have been spent on the military. Egypt cannot afford to spend anymore on the army, let's feed the people first. I hope we just all live in peace and stop spending on war. You know... move on.

Umm... NO... I was actually referring to using the 25 years to build a country and an army... and yeah... that didn't happen because some idiot took over the reign of the gypo crown and flushed the great country-great army blueprint down the toilet. Today's gypo army is a career where you can get free shit and power. It's always been like that in Egypt... only today... they get free stuff in return for nothing.
The Egyptian army is not so bad is it? We can hold our grounds. But isn't peace just a better option?

and while we're at it let me ask you the million dollar question here...

Where do you stand on the Israel-Palestine long lasting situation? :-D


Thank you for asking this. Here is the deal:

I am not going to take the Palestinians' side just because we might have the same hair, eye, and skin color or because we speak the same language! I am not going to take the Israeli side either. I disagree with some actions that both sides have taken. I can't say, ok I will be on the Palestinian side and will support whatever they do from now on. The same goes for the Israeli side. You can say I am for Peace and for fairness.

7 Comments:

Blogger BHCh said...

Here is what some Lebanese people think about Hizbullah:

http://lebforces.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12246

3:29 PM

 
Blogger Red Tulips said...

Question: Is peace possible? I honestly think it is not possible, and neither is fairness.

All I am hoping for is a temporary detante in the violence.

10:50 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I have just posted an opinion of what shlemazl said here and of this entry and I asked some questions I request an answer for... I hope reasoning gets us somewhere...

2:28 AM

 
Blogger BHCh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:26 AM

 
Blogger MechanicalCrowds said...

RedTulips,

In my humble opinion, peace is for sure possible. Fairness, on the other hand, as subjectiv as it is, will be very hard to attain. Maybe impossible...

5:36 AM

 
Blogger BHCh said...

MC:

The Godfaterh and myself had quite a lively discussion you may find entertaining:

http://judging-life.blogspot.com/2006/07/trade-off_28.html

7:16 AM

 
Blogger Яαgιи Яαvєи said...

Yeah it looked so lovely I even took a picture of it for my Pretty Weird collection..

anyways I commented on this post over at my page.. so i'll c u around then..

7:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home