My views, observations, questions about everything in this world ....and that country they call Egypt.

21 July 2006

The Art Of Lebanon Gets To Your Soul

I am sorry for all the Lebanese people that are suffering. I'm sorry for the Israelis too. Some of the pictures I've seen can make Satan cry. You probably know what I'm talking about if you've seen them pictures.

Anyway, this is a tribute to the Lebanese art. I saw a movie called Le Cerf Volant about a year ago about Druze people living divided between Israel and Lebanon. I pulled this song out of the movie and uploaded it especially for you! The composer is Ziad Rahbani, a Lebanese musical genius. The vocals are mesmerizing. Am I the only one getting the urge to cry?


4 Comments:

Blogger N said...

Are you talking about the burnt children's picture? I have never seen anything so atrocious. This is beyond sad...

10:22 AM

 
Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

the vocalist is an algerian singer called "Souad massi"
the song is called "rauoi" from the album "deb"

ps: i can't watch the clip from the movie..
i've already seen enough sad scenes in Tv that i can't handle such things every agian :S

6:39 PM

 
Blogger MechanicalCrowds said...

N, I don't wanna even describe the pictures :(.

Lasto,

Thanks for the info, you can't imagine how long I've been trying to find the singer. I have one logical question though, how did you know the song if you didn't watch the clip??

9:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Souad Massi's song perfectly harmonizes the clip, thank you for that. Love it! :)

5:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home